- National Comprehensive Cancer Network (www.nccn.org) – national screening and treatment guidelines and algorithms by disease site
- American Cancer Society (www.cancer.org) – patient and physician-friendly information for cancer risk factors, symptoms and diagnosis, and treatment guidelines and processes.
- National Guideline Clearinghouse (www.guideline.gov) – search directory from a compilation of evidence-based clinical guidelines by disease site from various sources
- SEER Cancer Statistics Review (seer.cancer.gov) – cancer incidence and mortality statistics by disease site
- State Cancer Profiles (statecancerprofiles.cancer.gov/micromaps/) – maps and statistical tables for US, state and county cancer statistics, demographics, and risk/screening rates
- The Advisory Board Company (www.advisory.com) – examples of cancer-related national trends (available through subscription only)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (www.asco.org/ASCO/News/Cancer+News) – ASCO posts current cancer news and content specific to the different disease sites geared for both professionals and consumers; the “professional” articles are brief and have been useful for disease site teams.
- Various List Serves (ACE, SROA, ACCC, etc.) – search and request input from other providers/administrators on specific topics
- National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (www.accreditedbreastcenters.org) accreditation program with standards and guidelines for breast teams
- National Consortium of Breast Centers, Inc. (NCBC) (www.breastcare.org) – resource for information and ideas on breast program quality healthcare and recent trends, including access to core breast indicators and benchmarks
- American Society of Breast Surgeons (www.breastsurgeons.org) – national organization with published position statements in key treatment areas
- American College of Chest Physicians (www.chestnet.org) – national organization with published ACCP-approved guidelines for lung cancer workup, staging and treatment
- American Gastroenterology Association – (www.aga.org) – national organization providing screening and treatment information for gastrointestinal cancers